Contents: of Orders Minimum 10ft or 3M
1 - 150ft long roll carbon fiber 600GSM Uni-Directional fiber 6in wide
900mls of Epoxy 4550 Fortec per 10ft ordered
Upgrade to 150ft and receive discounts
1 - Roller tray
1 - Roller heads and Roller
2 - Square Trowel
Mixing Bucket - Gloves
1 - Instructions Document
- Requires that you have grinding equipment to prepare and decontaminate the concrete surface before application.
600 GSM Uni-Directional Carbon Fiber Fabric (grams per square meter)6in Wide
600 GSM is perfect for Poured or Block walls with cracked walls or curved applications to prevent re-cracking.
Ideal for a contractor as general use carbon fiber for concrete reinforcement. Unidirectional carbon provides the best carbon fiber applications solution as it has the least elongation or stretch before it is under full load. Woven Carbon fabric from others allows for much more movement of the concrete crack, joint and may contribute to the failure of the intended repair. Account for a maximum spacing when reinforcing block or poured walls of 4ft vertically or horizontally.
Steps of Application of the Carbon Fiber
1. Prepare any wall cracks if a poured wall using Epoxy Crack Injection if a block wall re-tuckpoint any broken mortar joints.
2. Using a diamond cup wheel with a grinder and dust shroud, decontaminate the concrete surface and vacuum all dust off the concrete wall surface.
3. Layout carbon fiber on a clean surface to cut to proper length as needed.
4. Mix the Fortec Epoxy 2:1 ratio in a mixing cup
5. Apply some epoxy to the concrete surface approximately 6 in wide where the carbon fiber is to be installed using trowel and roller. Also roller one side of the carbon that is to be applied.
6. Apply the fabric to the concrete with the epoxy coated side toward the wall and using the roller supplied, roll the material while adding more epoxy.
7. At this point, using the square trowel supplied and using the flat side trowel, the epoxy into the fabric to work it into the Carbon Fiber Strap. Make sure that you have the carbon fabric held down so it does not move.
8. Re-roll the fabric to smooth out the epoxy and add more epoxy as needed.
Structural Epoxy for Carbon Fiber Straps
Fortec 4550 LPL Hi-Modulus Fiber Matrix is a 100% solids, solvent-free, two-component MOISTURE INSENSITIVE EPOXY. Fortec 4550 Fiber Matrix is a low viscosity epoxy for wetting and use with carbon fiber for structural repairs.
- Easy mix ratio: 2 Parts A to 1 Part B by Volume
- Long Pot Life with rapid strength development
- Provides high early strength and excellent adhesion to most structural materials
- Insensitive to moisture before, during, and after cure
- Low-temperature cures - As low as 40oF (4oC)
- Fortec 4550 LPL Hi-Modulus Fiber Matrix is a 100% solids, solvent-free, two-component MOISTURE INSENSITIVE EPOXY. Fortec 4550 Fiber Matrix is a low viscosity epoxy for wetting and carbon fiber for structural repairs.
- Moisture Insensitive & low-temperature cure
- #4550 LPL Fiber Matrix Structural Epoxy